- Strands cutting: Cut strands 20mm clear of wedges using an abrasive wheel cutter.
- Pocket filling: Fill anchorages pockets with non-shrink mortar and allow for curing.
- Ducts testing: Blow air in ducts to ensure clear passage.
Carry out remedial works on vents as necessary.
- Preparation: Set up grout mixer and pump on top of slab and calibrate water-measuring tank.
Stock fresh bagged cement close to mixer Arrange 8Nbr 225 litre drums of suitably chilled potable water close to mixer. ( 5-10C )
- Mixing : Add calibrated volume of water to the mixer , connect compressed air supply and start mixing ( water cement ratio 0.45) Carefully add cement, ensuring that no lumps from in the mixture Mix batch for a minimum of two minutes prior to pumping .
- Pumping: Start pump and discharge grout through injection hose until a good consistency of grout is apparent. Connect grout injection hose to grout inlet and commence pumping whilst keeping the mixer topped up.
- Locking grout vents: seal off grout vents in direction of flow after air has exited and after consistent grout appears.
- Stop pumping: When the mix reaches the opposite end the tendon and good consistent grout is flowing with no trapped air; stop the pump together while locking off the grout exit pipe.
Lock off grout inlet pipe and continue with next tendon repeating the same operation.